Re: MBone

Yo Joe!

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Joe Touch wrote:

> > Without a dobut you are right, though I think the degree of difference is
> > awful small.  Through hosts with root on switches or through wireless into
> > the mix and you are back to being roughly equivalent.
>
> Hosts with root can't snoop anything but broadcast UDP on switches
> unless the switch is configurable; many switches aren't.

root has no problem seeing adjacent UDP even on a switch.  Just overflow the
arp cache or poison it.

Here is a link to how it is done:
	http://dhar.homelinux.com/dhar/downloads/Sniffers.pdf

The dsniff package includes tools for this purpose:
	http://monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676