Re: APEX

--On Tuesday, 24 September, 2002 21:44 -0400 Bill Cunningham
<billcu@citynet.net> wrote:

>> > I've been wondering for a while if it wouldn't serve the
>> > community well for one of the I* bodies to develop a
>> > dictionary for developing and
>>
>> It might be interesting to have a BCP that precisely defines
>> a set of
> terms
>> for specifications to cite conformance with, much as we
>> currently have for SHOULD/MUST usage.
>
> I'm for that. If you seriously want to get together and write
> a draft for IETF.

As a starting point in your efforts, please note that such
definitions appear in RFC 1122 and 1123.   It may be that the
biggest problem at this stage is that RFC 2119 effectively
preempted the MUST/SHOULD/MAY terms that 1122/1123 used for
conformance, so either new terms are needed or 2119 needs to be
revisited.

     john