Re: Impending publication: draft-iab-considerations-02.txt

On 02:15 07/09/02, Sally Floyd said:
>For example, about layering, I think that layering is sometimes one of the
>properties that allows complexity with robustness instead of fragility,
>and that very careful, explicit, and conscious communication between
>layers, when necessary, might be one of the strategies that allows
>layering to work.

The hourglass: layers above and below permit complexity while retaining
core simplicity. May I add a comment to your document: a robustness aspect
[you could point out as "communication between wg-layers"] is end to end
lexical and grammatical consistency in their specifications. jfc