Re: way out of the DNS problems? (former Re: delegation mechanism,Re: Trees have one root)

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Dave Crocker wrote:

> At 01:55 PM 8/2/2002 -0700, Bill Manning wrote:
> >% who knew jon postel and may have provided assistance when postel
> >% highjacked the root from root server A to F.  maybe highjacked is too
> >% strong a term .. i think the appologists claimed it was an experiment.
> >
> >         It did not go to "F"
>
> I rather like the idea that Jon managed that service for about 10 years,
> from its inception, and then is declared to have hijacked, it in the course
> of his continuing to do that management.

well he did redirect the root - said it was a big experiment.  so if he
didn't redirect it to F - where did it go?

> And folks wonder why anyone would be skeptical about running ICANN in a
> fishbowl.

in the beggining operating ICANN in a fishbowl would of worked - but now
it's too late for that.  failure is by now guranteed.

regards
joe baptista