Why Spam is a Problem

Perry,
    Here's something you might want to keep in mind. Just before I left
telemarketing, New York had just passed the statewide "do not call list". It
was my understanding that this was for calls originating in NY. When it
comes to laws that are reserved to states all other states must be in
compliance, for example, all 50 states have an agreement to recognize the
drivers licenses of the other 49 states. If the NY "do not call list" is
working for you great! But if you do get a call from outside of NY, be sure
to ask for written proof of being put on the "do not call list", so if
you're called again you can prove that you asked to be taken off the list.