Re: Why People Should NOT Depend on "Root Servers"

"Clearly the FTC is setting a high bar when it comes to security and privacy," said Brad Smith, Microsoft senior vice president and
general counsel. "Security that seemed reasonable when we launched Passport in 1999 doesn't seem so now. We've learned from our
dialogue with the FTC."

======

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/08/08/020808hnftcboost2.xml

"Because Kids Passport was advertised as allowing parents to have complete control over what information Web sites would be able to
access about their children, the misrepresentation in this case was particularly egregious, the FTC said."

====

Why is the I* society allowed to misrepresent how stable their DNS is ?

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt