Re: US Communication Act (47 USC 230 (f)(1))

In message <5.1.0.14.0.20020809125611.02cba010@pop.online.fr>, "JFC (Jefsey) Mo
rfin" writes:

>--=======5AAC78DB=======
>
>As part of my historical search effort, I would thank anyone knowing the
>origin of this entry into the US Communication Act (47 U.S.C. 230 (f)(1)):
>
>"(f) Definitions: As used in this section: (1) Internet. The term
>"Internet" means the international computer network of both federal and non
>federal interoperable packet switch networks."
>
>I am interested in knowing when was it entered, who proposed it, what was
>the rationale. I suppose that some members of this list have been involved?
>May be lawyers could help me tracing the Act amendment procedure having
>introducing it, tell if there is some related jurisprudence and explain how
>and where to find the FCC documents this definition probably comes from.
>
>Thank you.
>jfc

Any law library will have that information.  For now, see
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/230.html and click on 'notes'.
But what you really need is the legislative history, which will be in
separate volumes, again in law libraries.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)