RE: get technical, please? , Re: Trees have one root

At 23:07 05/08/02, Tony Hain wrote:
>John hit the core of the problem, and it is one that the multiple root
>advocates continually miss. Anyone who believes this isn't a problem
>should ask their attorney about confidentiality rights if due to
>ambiguity the wrong Barney gets a private message and he discloses it
>publicly. The only way George can know which Barney was included by Fred
>is to share a single common reference. Believing there is some out of
>band mystical ability to sort out intent from a list is naive at best.

Amen.

1. but the problem does not result from multiple root server systems, it
results from TLD collisions
2. I may quote - and I am sure that he will want to repeat it if you ask
him - Vint acknowledging that such a collision was created by his ".biz". I
documented the e-mail case and he responded about web access case too.

This is IETF and only technical aspects counts. It rises however the
following question: in reporting the DoC their support for their ".biz" to
be included ino the arpa root, ICANN BoD did not reported that technical
risk. Due to the technical consequence quoted here (I suppose everyone
agree) should the IETF have not warned the DoC, so they might decide with a
full knowldege of the technial terms?

jfc