Re: automated "disambiguation" is resolution in this case

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Eliot Lear wrote:

> > And, all of this can be automated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ed Gerck
>
> Really?!
>
> How does my credit card company's billing system know which harris.com
> to transmit my bill to?  What unique attributes does it use to choose
> between the two domains?

I think i agree with you that the duplication of namespace across roots is
a bit silly.  At least i think thats the point your making.  But your
argument in support is jibberish.  Your credit card company does not use
domain names to facilitate it's accounting functions.

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communications & Computing Facility
a division of The dot.GOD Registry, Limited