Re: get technical, please? , Re: Trees have one root

Hmmm ... seems like the telephone system has a similar system.  You dial 411
and ask for "Malamud@StewartsPoint" and a human/humanoid answers "Please choose".
There's certainly room for systems like RealNames and certainly rooms for
other namespaces that handle ambiguity, but the DNS serves a pretty useful purpose
of resolving domain names to various resource records.  Rather than
muck with it, I like Peter's approach of trying to build new services and
keeping the existing one in place.

Regards,

Carl