Re: Last Call: An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered ProtocolParameters to BCP

note that I (for one) don't think the particular concerns raised by Keith
need fixing - the description of an URN that Keith seems to have in mind
seems to me to fit well with certain types of URN (such as urn:isbn), but
there seems to me no reason to expect all URNs to behave the same way in
the aspects we are talking about here (whether there exists a
dereferenceable entity to which the URN can be resolved, for instance).

I think using URN is a better solution to the problem the W3C seems to
regard as important than using HTTP URLs for the same purpose.

                     Harald

--On mandag, juli 08, 2002 10:08:34 -0400 Michael Mealling