Re: about certificate?

>Take a look at RFC 1422.  May give you some insite on
>certificates.
thanks for the reference which i'm looking on right now.

> First off, have you taken a look at
>your browser settings for certificates?  Take a look
>at that
i configured my browser to detect such pbs because i do shop on the net and  i need to evaluate the credibility of any claimed site identity. sometimes, there are sites telling us that all transactions with their server are secure (over SSL 128 Bits); but a deep look shows that they still use revocated or invalid certificates. how far can anyone trust these claims?  because if i didn't configure my browser in such a way i'll not get these informations and then continue shopping and provide my credit card number,...

for e-mail security (PEM: discussed in depth in RFC 1422) i usually use PGP and i've not experienced any pbs till now.

Omar Djaiz
Networking student at Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal - CA