Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

At 08:14 AM 4/16/02 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>Query to the group:  If we believe we should not hold working groups to
>their milestones, why bother to have those milestones?

I think there's a useful middle ground between slavery to milestones and
completely ignoring them.

I think a group that has failed to deliver its milestones should reasonable
expect to face some questions about why not, and absent any indication of
reasonable cause then maybe shutting down is the appropriate response.

But (to be clear) I'm not sure that there's really anything here that calls
for a change in the rules so much as maybe engendering a slight sense of
urgency.  Sometimes, it's appropriate to nag folks to deliver on their
promises in timely fashion (and I know I'm not entirely innocent of needing
such prodding, on occasion).

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>