Re: Guidance for spam-control on IETF mailing lists

I tend to agree with Mr. Touch, "Spam is definned by
content".  However, the content complying with "SPAM"
comes from a small list of people.  People, who are,
in general, not signed up for the IETF mailings.  By
placing a guard on the incoming lists, restricting
incoming mail to those
individuals/organizations/corporations/etc. that
recieve messages sent to the IETF lists, Then, by
moderating the lists to these users who comply with
the morals of the IETF, we can eliminate spam to a
near virtual zero.  This is one simple, but effective
method of controlling spam.  My opinion: this, and a
combination of filters, would eliminate SPAM.
Cheers, Don McMorris, Chief Network Operator, Ospitare
Intl.