Re: IETF Meetings - High Registration Fees

At the risk of prolonging this thread:

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 21:43, Einar Stefferud wrote:
> One answer is to set up some kind of "Hardship Case" program to which
> hardship cases may submit an application for a special discounted
> registration fee, citing their hardship situation.
>
> I should be funded out of the registration fees paid by all the
> non-hardhsip attendees.
>
> I expect that very few people will admit that they are genuine
> hardship, so the distributed burden on those who pay the full fee
> will be negligible.

Seems reasonable, but I'd argue that the air fare and hotel costs dwarf
the meeting fees.

> And, yes, it would help if the hardship cases were somehow identified
> by badge insignia.

No it would not.  You don't want to be marking people in this way if
their input is to be treated as equal to everyone else's.

				-- Frank