Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

David Frascone wrote:
> Ok, I have to say something.
>
> I agree that NATs are evil, and *should* not exist.  But, since ISP's
> currently charge tons of money for more than one IP address, they always
> *will* exist.

I wish there were more appreciation for the ephemeral nature of solutions.

Other things that "always *will* exist":

	- freon
	- smoking in bars
	- tobacco/hard liquor ads on TV
	- the dodo

I'm sure we could find a better list off-line; the point is that each of
the above had reasons why it was inevitible and permanent.

It's OK to reject the status-quo.

Joe