Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:00:22 PST, Peter Ford <peterf@Exchange.Microsoft.com>  said:

> I would love to see the complete solution to signaling all the potential
> blocking intermediate hops in the network that specific traffic should
> pass.

I would love to see the complete *SECURE* solution to signaling all the
potential blocking intermediate hops in the network that specific traffic
should pass.

Some of us deploy firewalls in order to stop our systems from being able
to contact the ourside world if they get trojaned.  Opening a port just
because a UPNP device says "pretty please" works against that...
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer