Re: Last Call: IETF and ITU-T Collaboration Guidelines toInformational

On 3/5/02 at 10:52 PM -0500, Scott  Bradner wrote:

>this was meant as a way for the ITU-T management to say, in effect
>"he knows what is going on" - this was not intended to mean that any
>such designated person carries any more weight in IETF WG
>deliberations than does any other individual...

I (and I believe Keith) think it is that latter point that needs to
be explicitly stated in the BCP: Bringing official knowledge to the
IETF is useful and important, but that does not give the delegate and
special weight or privilege in the working group deliberations.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick@qualcomm.com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102