Re: Dynamic DNS at the 53rd IETF

>Many ISPs routinely use DHCP as an means to degrade their customers'
>address stability, forcing them change addresses as often as once a day,
>in order to prevent their customers from running certain kinds of
>applications.

Yeah, and others do the same thing by, say, having their firewalls block
incoming connections to port 80.  That doesn't mean that firewalls
shouldn't exist.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|"I use emacs, which might be thought of as a thermonuclear word|
|processor." -- Neal Stephenson                                 |