Re: WGLC for draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap

Hi Cullen,

(cc:ing dccp mailing list as well)

The dccp/udp port issues were discussed in the DCCP WG some time ago. With the source port one problem is that a NAT could change the UDP port but not the inner DCCP port. There were opinions for keeping the two port spaces separate, to support tunneling scenarios through a well-known UDP port at the server end.

- Pasi