Re: Stockholm meeting

Hi Michael,

Neat!  I assume the idea would be to make this an experimental CCID.
Are you considering one draft for both the algorithm and CCID, or one
for the algorithm and one for the CCID as with TFRC?

At any rate, this effort does seem quite in line with our charter --
I've always felt that one of the nice things about pluggable CCIDs is
that it creates great room for experimentation.

Even though we won't be meeting in Stockholm, if you think you can get a
draft in time we can explore getting some time for you to present at
tsvarea or tsvwg.  Pasi, do you agree?  Especially since you'll be in
Stockholm and I won't :-).

Tom P.

Of
> michawe@xxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 3:18 AM
> To: dccp@xxxxxxxx
> Cc: dragana.damjanovic@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re:  Stockholm meeting
>
> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to suggest something, hoping that it might
> become a work item. Actually I had hoped to present
> it in Stockholm... I'm not sure if one of us (this is my
> Ph.D. student Dragana Damjanovic's work) can make it
> to Hiroshima, but probably yes.
>
> Our proposal is "MulTFRC", which is... well, I guess
> the name says it all. Anyway it seems to us to do
> a better job than MulTCP or any other such protocol,
> and it works quite well with a wide range of emulated
> flows from e.g. 0.1 to 100. It is also more reactive and
> smoother than multiple individual TFRC flows would be.
>
> We just had a paper on it accepted, which should
> appear in the next issue of CCR:
> http://www.welzl.at/research/publications/ccr-multfrc.pdf
>
> and we have simulation code:
> http://dps.uibk.ac.at/~dragana/mulTFRC.html
>
> as well as real life code which we will make available soon.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>

> > DCCP folks,
> >
> > We have been planning that DCCP will not meet this time in
Stockholm.