Re: X vs. X_Bps in rfc3448bis

Hi Sally,

> > After writing all of this, I think I'm starting to get it -- X_Bps
> > is the result of the TCP throughput equation calculation and X is
> > the currently allowed sending rate, which might be less than X_Bps
> > due to X_recv or other stuff.  Both are in bytes/second.  Is that
> > accurate?
>
> Yep.  I will add a sentence to clarify.
> (The first sentence of Section 4.2 says that X is "the allowed
> sending rate in bytes per second", and when X_Bps is first used
> in the pseudocode in Section 4.3, the pseudocode says "Calculate X_Bps
> using the TCP throughput equation.".)

[Tom P.] Thanks :-).  Note that if you're already confused about X vs.
X_Bps that line in the pseudocode sounds like a starting point, not a
finishing point.

> > If I'm now correct, or not, PLEASE, make the text more clear.  Even
> > better would be to also have a section that lists and defines all of
> > the variables used.  I have compiled such a list in order to
> > implement CCID 3.  I'd be happy to give you text for the section,
> > that you could then correct :-).
>
> The list of variables is in Appendix A, and Section 2 has a forward
> pointer to that list.  You would be welcome to add text and/or
> variables...

[Tom P.] Oops!  I missed that :-(.  I have a few variables in my list
that I don't see.  How important they are is another thing, but if we
can be complete, why not?  When are planning on the next update?  I'm
pretty busy for the next few days but sometime after that I could give
you an update...