Re: draft-phelan-dccp-natencap-00.txt

Hi Lars,

I sympathize with your concern for each transport inventing its own UDP
encap solution.  However, I don't think that that
IP/UDP/IP/DCCP[SCTP][whatever] works well.  What is in the inner IP
addresses?  They're not useful at all.  They could start out the same as
the outer addresses, but after traversing a NAT they wouldn't make sense
to the receiving system.

Can we invent a generic transport UDP encapsulation?  Maybe, maybe not.

I haven't seen that TCP-over-UDP thing.  What kind of rationale is there
for that?

Tom P.