Evalvid-RA: a tool-set for ns-2 simulation of Decodable and Rate Adaptive MPEG-4 video

Hi,

I just want to inform the DCCP members that I have made available a researcher's tool-set named "Evalvid-RA" for downloading from www.item.ntnu.no/~arnelie/Evalvid-RA.htm. Current version is v1.01. It supports TFRC (over ordinary fifo or RED w/ drop or RED w/ ECN), in addition to a proprietary system I have made named P-AQM, which uses special routers. The architecture of the tool-set is explained in a paper now published on ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems Journal: you will find links to the paper in the upper part of the Web page.

The tool-set assumes that the user already has installed ns-2 and FFMPEG.

The tool-set includes modifications to the tfrc*.* files of ns-2, based on the ns-2.31 version. Please back up your original files.

The installation process is described in the help/README.txt file. This file also guides the user to other files containing details on usage.

Please download and use this tool if you find it interesting, and to do research e.g. on the following:
* how to customize a rate controller to use TFRC
* to find how different options in rate controller, TFRC, RED etc will influence resulting video PSNR values
* visually inspect video quality after reception
* research on MPEG-4 over TFRC over wireless
* implement it on top of the new TFRC-SP
*...

best regards

Arne Lie
NTNU, dept. of Telematics, and SINTEF ICT, Norway.
arne.lie@xxxxxxxxx