New version of DTLS over DCCP (-03) submitted

Hi All,

I've submitted a draft-ietf-dccp-dtls-03.txt.  It's currently available
at http://www.phelan-4.com/dccp/draft-ietf-dccp-dtls-03.txt and a
version with diffs from -02 is at
http://www.phelan-4.com/dccp/draft-ietf-dccp-dtls-03-diffs.pdf.

The changes are to address the last call comments received.  Reviewers
please check to see that your comments have been addressed to your
satisfaction.  Comments fell into the following groups:

Sending DTLS handshake messages in DCCP-Request/Response packets
unclear/not complete -- I've added a fair amount of explanatory text
here, plus a few additional requirements.

Coping with congestion control -- I've added a new section (3.3) on this
with explanatory text and one requirement.

Relationship between DTLS sessions and DCCP connections -- I've added a
new section on this (3.4) with explanatory text and no requirements.

PMTU issues -- I've added new requirements and reworded some old
requirements to be in line with Pasi's comments.  Pasi, I haven't
addressed all of the issues you raised.  I felt that some of them were
with DTLS, not DTLS over DCCP and therefore shouldn't be dealt with
here.

Idnits -- it passes idnits.

Service code for app that starts clear then switches to DTLS -- added
requirement to section 3.6 for this.

Optimizing DTLS anti-replay and DCCP synchronization -- I have not
included this.  I think that this would require sharing sequence numbers
between DTLS and DCCP, and I think it's much better to keep them
separate.  That level of integration would really merge the two stacks
-- more like DTLS plus DCCP than DTLS over DCCP.  For example, to
merge/optimize the two, I think you'd need to do DTLS anti-replay first,
or at least short-circuit the rest of the DCCP stack when a bad sequence
number came in.  I'm open to anyone who has better ideas about how it
could be done, but at this point I don't see it.

I didn't make any mention of this in the draft.  It didn't seem
worthwhile to go through a long discussion and then do nothing.  Colin,
please let me know if you want anything added.

Thanks to Colin, Pasi, Lars, Magnus and Tom Petch for the comments :-).

Tom P(helan)