Re: Interest in WG adopting the I-Ds on ccid3-drops & ccid-4?

CCID-4 currently relies on CCID-3 (and, as I understand, CCID-3 loss), which in turn is built upon RFC3448...

Your question of whether a new CCID-4 should include FR is interesting, since I can see there may be merit in building a "VoIP"-friendly CC scheme on the more recent 3448.bis and/or FR.

I wonder what others think?

Best wishes,

Gorry

Ingemar Johansson S (LU/EAB) wrote:
Hi

I can only comment on the CCID-4 draft and I support that it becomes a
working group item esp. as it has potential to becoem useful for VoIP. In a previous email to this group I gave an elaborate explanation of the
properties of modern speech/audio codecs and possibly I can contribute
with text in this direction and how CCID-4 can address these issues as
good as possible.
Is there any chance that the faster restart work becomes a part of
CCID-4 ?, asking because I believe the combination of the two might
become useful.

Regards
Ingemar