Re: DCCP for VoIP

On 17/08/07, Ingemar Johansson S (LU/EAB)
<ingemar.s.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> And thanks for the reponse sofar.
>
> Regarding the RTT ws feedback issue below.
> I recall that the RTT for satellite links is ~560ms, I would expect that
> Wimax has a shorter RTT.
> Do you have any indication (rule of thumb wise) at what levels of RTT it
> may be necessary to send more than one feedback / RTT ?

We are currently trying to proof an equation allowing to compute it.

However, during our experiments, the satellite service used was IPSTAR
plan with a nominal uplink and downlink bandwidth of 256kbit/s and 1Mbit/s.

Over IPSTAR, the RTT (avg / std.dev) is 1206.3ms / 35.7ms and the PER
is ranging from 0.24% to 0.42%

We improve the throughput with 10 feedback (FB) messages per RTT.
The results are :
1 FB : 363.5 Kbit/s
10 FB : 552.3 Kbit/s
100 FB : 572.8 Kbit/s