RE: DCCP for VoIP

Dear Ingemar,
  Please see inline..

> 1) What is the definition of large idle period

RFC3448-bis states that a long idle period is worth an RTO which means
4*RTTs.

> 2) How often is feedback sent? (sorry for a question that I should
> probably answer myself by means of some RTFM) but if you could answer it I
> would really appreciate it.

Usually CCIDs incorporating the TFRC or TFRC-SP protocol would send a
feedback once per RTT, unless there is a change in the loss event. If there
is a change in the loss event then the feedback would be sent immediately.
Alternatively these protocols could send multiple feedbacks per RTT (when
there is no change in the loss event) but it is not a common practice in my
opinion.

Hope this helps..

Regards
Arjuna