Re: Re: revision of draft-ietf-dccp-rfc3448bis

Arjuna -

I still believe the Limited recv rate does not solve the problem. I shall
address this problem tomorrow in the meeting for Sally's view.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be at IETF this week, so I think we
have to do this by email.

The current draft of draft-ietf-dccp-rfc3448bis does have a
discussion of how it would work to have the sender rather than the
receiver detecting feedback packets sent after idle periods.  And
the current draft has a discussion of how the sender could use
Receive Rate Length feedback instead.  Both of these are in
Section 8, under "Feedback packets reporting Limited Receive
Rate".

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/