Re: SV: DCCP voice quality experiments

On Sep 12, 2006, at 11:29, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
I think Arne meant to actually do subjective evaluations.

Ah. That's what I meant by "additional work" :-)

The issue I see with this is that the quality you get will be heavily dependent on the jitter-buffer implementation and error concealment implemented in the player. Using a streaming player or something similar for these subjective measurements would be providing results that are ignoring a couple of important factor, like delay.

Right. We wanted to exclude these factors and focus (only) on the impact of the transport protocol on voice quality, which is why we used the described dynamic-programming approach to compute an optimal playout strategy offline.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories