Re: DCCP vs TCP

On 5/2/06, Marta Magan <marta.magan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!
I want to tell you a experience with DCCP competing with TCP. I send you a
capture from ethereal, Is this a valid behavior?. Because I thought, DCCP
competing with TCP they had to share the bandwidth, but I saw in the
captures is how DCCP steals all the bandwidth and when DCCP finishes, so TCP
works.

If someone have similar experience, I would like to know it!

No Marta, its not expected behaviour, you don't mention in your
message, but IIRC you are using the Linux implementation, that is
buggy right now, more work is needed but I'm not having time work on
fixing it, sorry, eventually I'll get back working on it.

I'd suggest trying Nishida-san NetBSD implementation, for comparision,
I really don't know how compliant/mature is his implementation these
days, but I think it is worth trying. If you do so, please share with
us your results.

Best Regards,

- Arnaldo