Re: TFRC average loss interval calculation

Dear Tom,

  Oops sorry - I made a mistake - I think its someone else :)

"Eggert - During the WG last call, there was some experience and
    input that we would like to put in the user guide, particularly
    clarifications for the loss interval and packet loss rate.
    We have a student with some data, but it is not ready to
    show yet.

    a. Issue is packet size calculation (MSS or average?).
    It is not definite in this draft, but you do need to agree.

    b. Estimation of loss interval.
    In TFRC, you are supposed to average over 8 samples.
    Some implementations mess this up, if they have
    less than 8 samples."

Regds,
Arjuna

--