Re: Nomcom 2007-8 Chair's Report

Lakshminath Dondeti skrev:
> Folks,
>
> A report on the nomcom's activities is available at
> https://www.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/07/nomcom-report.  Please direct
> any comments to ietf@ietf.org.  I will make a brief presentation at the
> IESG plenary.
>
> Abstract
>
>     This document reports on the work of Nomcom 2007-8.  The topics of
>     discussion include the experiences in starting the nomcom process
>     early enough to facilitate the nomcom to do their work at 2 face-to-
>     face meetings, the various logistical challenges involved in the
>     nomcom process and the differing interpretations of RFC 3777 by
>     different people and organizations involved in the process.  This
>     document also discusses the challenges in the interaction between the
>     nomcom and the confirmation bodies.
>
> regards,
> Lakshminath

Laksminath,

thank you very much for providing the report - and thank you for trying
to defend people's expectations of confidentiality!

I do agree with Scott that the process needs clarification - unlike him,
I think it can be done without reopening 3777 on this point.

I'll have more to say when that discussion opens up.

              Harald