Re: Detecting tablet mode on Yoga 11e?

On Wed, 10 May 2017, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> I'm looking for some help getting Linux to successfully detect the switch
> between tablet/notebook mode on a Yoga 11e.  With v4.11.0, it doesn't look
> like the kernel sees any events generated by switching mode: acpi_listen
> doesn't show anything, and there are no kernel log messages generated in
> response to the change.
>
> Booting with acpi.debug_layer=0x2 and acpi.debug_level=0xffffffff ("debug
> all hardware messages") doesn't show anything, either.
>
> I'd appreciate your suggestions on how to further diagnose this. Thanks!

If Windows knows it, then the sensor is typically exported through ACPI,
or WMI.  If Windows does not do anything different when you change
modes, there might not be a sensor at all.

Anyway, if it is not in ACPI, check WMI, the keyboard controller stream,
or any suspicious built-in USB HID devices...

--
  Henrique Holschuh