unsupported brightness API on thinkpad

Hi,

I just updated to the latest version of ubuntu, and had a failure
message during system restart. The message asked that I contact this
email. It claims that the brightness settings are unsupported (code
1529448 thinkpad_acpi).

I have an X1 Carbon Thinkpad with i7-5600U CPU with Intel HD Graphics
5500. The error occurs when I run
Linux version 3.16.0-36-generic

All is OK when I am using Linux version 3.16.0-34

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Kind regards,

Sven

PS: Just moved back to Ubuntu after five years with MacOS, and I am
loving it!

--
Sven Leyffer
Senior Computational Mathematician