Support for EC version in newer Thinkpads

Hello,
I'm sorry for my bad english..
I have a Thinkpad T430 and i see that the driver doesn't find the EC
version for my laptop so it doesn't enable some features (like thermal
sensors).
I have found that T430 doesn't have an EC version string in OEM DMI
strings, but it has a major and minor version number of the EC in record
0 (BIOS type) of DMI (like 2.8 SMBIOS specifications
http://dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0134_2.8.0.pdf ).
I think that, maybe, we can change the way with which driver obtains
BIOS and EC version, simply catching them from record 0 (BIOS) of DMI,
in particular from BIOS Version,Embedded Controller Firmware Major
Release, Embedded Controller Firmware Minor Release strings and not from
OEM strings, that they are not complete in new Thinkpads.
I have written a kernel patch to enable kernel API to return Embedded
Controller Firmware Release fields and, maybe, i could send it to kernel
mantainers.
Otherwise, maybe, it's possible to obtain Embedded Controller Firmware
Version directly from EC, when we are sure that the laptop is a
Thinkpad, because they are presented in some EC registers.
Thank you