Re: Where is the source ?

On 03/28/2014 11:22 AM, Shuduo Sang wrote:
> I use linus's tree as baseline. It should be easy to directly apply
> since thinkpad-acpi.c has no much change recently. Let me check.
I think that my only problem was the suspend/resume patch, as it was a
bit out of sync related to the 3.14rc7 baseline. But no worry it was not
hard to fix.
>> All now works on my X1C if I disable USB3 in the bios (using legacy bios),
>> and I can suspend / resume day in and day out (my laptop are normally
>> running in weeks without reboot):-)
>>
> It's a bug from BIOS. Lenovo will release new BIOS to fix that soon.
That is very valuable information, I will look forward to this new BIOS
(and hope it comes in a none windows version, too).
> And Henrique replied me few weeks ago said he was offline one week.
Ok, I can wait now that I applied the patch by hand, and the 3.14rc7
kernel are not entering Debian testing for a while.

What may be of interest is when the patch enters Linus git, and if it
first arrive in 3.15 I may end up trying to send this patch to the
Debian guys, to make the 3.14 kernel image more X1C friendly.

> I don't know if others can make decision to reject/merge for thinkpad
> acpi patch too.
Lets hope this will be more clear in the future :-)

/BL