W520 LCD Screen

I have a Thinkpad W520 with the colorimeter on it. To use the colorimeter, you start the calibration program, close the lid, and let it run. Normally, when closing the lid, the display automatically shuts off.  The normal windows driver manages to turn off this feature while calibrating, but I can't seem to find anyone that's been able to duplicate this under Linux.  I was wondering if anyone could offer insight on how to accomplish this.

Thank you,

- Zach Day