Using the W700 color sensor

Hi all,

I'm the maintainer of colord, and I'm trying to get the integrated
color sensor working. I know how to drive the sensor (it's a lightly
modified huey) but I need to disable the "hardware" panel blanking
when the lid is closed. Windows can somehow do this if you install the
X-Rite tools. I've got the dsl of a W700 (attached) and have a few
questions:

_LID looks like this: "If (LAnd (LEqual (\ILNF, 0x00), LEqual (\PLUX,
0x00)))" and then goes on to try the EC, then do a SMI call. I'm
wondering what \ILNF and \PLUX are. PLUX looks settable using the GDLN
and SDLN methods, but ILN can also be set using GILN and SILN. SILN
also mentions BBLS, also which I also don't know what means. I suppose
setting the bit in OperationRegion is also an option, albeit hacky.

What I want to be able to do is call an acpi method on
_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HKEY, and I think the right place for that to happen
is in the thinkpad kernel driver. This would allow me to write to a
file in sysfs from colord before and after the calibration. Any help
or advice very welcome as I don't actually have the hardware. Thanks.

Richard.