Re: Special keys no longer working on Thinkpad Edge 13"

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Jason Wilson wrote:
> Sometime in the past month some type of package update has stop almost
> all of the special function keys to stop working.

> Dec 12 21:35:26 hypatia kernel: [ 3379.845386] thinkpad_acpi: asked for
> hotkey mask 0x04000070, but firmware forced it to 0x00000070

If those keys were operating right through thinkpad-acpi, they were
operating in NVRAM/CMOS poll mode.  Your thinkpad seems to want them to
work in some other way than thinkpad-acpi.

I am at a loss of what might have caused it, you'll probably have more
luck asking other Fedora users, maybe in the linux-thinkpad ML...

  Henrique Holschuh