Re: t420s: unhandled HKEY

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 05:17:35PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Andy, as an early follow up, does it make any difference whether you
> plug/unplug AC power directly on the notebook, or on a docking
> station/port replicator?
>
> Do you have more than one power brick with different power ratings (e.g.
> 65W and 90W)?
>
> Because AFAIK you really should get a 0x6040 every time the AC power
> adapter state changes.

I do use two or three different PSUs, they may have different ratings.
The one I have in front of me is 65W, and I do get 0x6040 when I plug or
unplug it today.  The other one is at the office and I'll check on
Monday.

Looking through syslog, I do have a lot of pairs of "unhandled HKEY
event 0x6040" followed immediately by "EC reports that Thermal Table has
changed", but there are also a few Thermal Table changed without a
preceding HKEY event.  Perhaps 90% of "Thermal Table has changed" have a
HKEY before them.  There don't appear to be any HKEY 0x6040 without a
"Thermal Table has changed" immediately after.

-andy