Re: F5521gw wake on wireless

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Jean Parpaillon wrote:
> Modem needs to be powered on through 3.3Vaux pin of the mini PCIe bus
> when in ACPI S3 mode.
>
> As power management is really dependant on the ACPI/BIOS implementation of the host,
> I am trying to know how can I deal with this on a Thinkpad T420 which
> is supposed to support this.
>
> Does anyone now how to ensure modem is powered on ? Are there existing
> mechanism on Linux kernel for controlling this ?

If the thing is wired properly, it is a matter of correcly programming
ACPI to enable the wakeup functions for the device.  Assuming the BIOS
is not broken.

So, the first thing you do is to make sure you're using the latest
firmware.

I've seen some discussions re. ACPI wakeups and firmware bugs in
linux-acpi, since you already told ACPI to make it work, and it didn't,
it is worth looking at the archives for linux-acpi in gmane.org to see
if there are any issues related to this.

  Henrique Holschuh