F5521gw wake on wireless

Dear all,
I am currently working on a project using wake on wireless features of
the Ericsson F5521gw modem.Thinkpad T420 under Linux OS.
I have patched NetworkManager, adding a 'CanWakeUp' property on
interfaces which prevent NetworkManager to disconnect an interface when
sleeping if this property is True.
I also set the 'wakeup' property of the given modem in sysfs to
'enabled'.
Modem needs to be powered on through 3.3Vaux pin of the mini PCIe bus
when in ACPI S3 mode.

As power management is really dependant on the ACPI/BIOS implementation of the host,
I am trying to know how can I deal with this on a Thinkpad T420 which
is supposed to support this.

Does anyone now how to ensure modem is powered on ? Are there existing
mechanism on Linux kernel for controlling this ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards,
Jean