X120e status

Hello all,

I tried the thinkpad-acpi module on a new X120e - see my findings with
kernel 2.6.39-rc3 together with a couple of questions below:

First of all, I had to use the patch to also match "LEN0068" - looking
forward to this hitting mainline. Loading the module made my bluetooth
adapter appear for the first time - so in any case a success!

On to the feature matrix..

1. Hotkeys

working hotkeys:
Fn+{Esc,F1,F2} (mute, volume down, volume up) .. with xfce4-volumed
Fn+F5 (wireless enable/disable)
Fn+F7 (switch monitor) .. triggers the screen selection dialog when an
external monitor is connected
Fn+Insert (PrtSc) .. triggers the screenshot utility
Fn+Delete (brightness down)

hotkeys not doing anything for me:
Fn+F3 (mute mic) .. this is keycode 240
Fn+F4 (standby) .. keycode 142
Fn+F6 (camera and headset?) .. keycode 212
Fn+F8 (trackpoint/trackpad) .. keycode 191
Fn+F[9-11] (prev, play/pause, next) .. keycodes 165, 164, 163 (tested
in decibel, vlc)
Fn+F12 (hibernate) .. keycode 205
Fn+Space (zoom) .. keycode 372

now these hotkeys do nothing and do not even generate a keycode:
Fn+Home (brightness up)
Fn+End (battery) .. not exactly sure what this is meant to do

Question: I am not entirely sure how ACPI works.. but for the hotkeys
that generate keycodes, it is the responsibility of the user space to
do something with it or am I wrong? Same for trackpoint/trackpad and
standby and hibernate?
Question: Speaking of keys not generating keycodes: The machine also
has small dedicated PgUp, PgDn keys which do not generate keycodes for
me - is there something thinkpad-acpi could do here?

2. Bluetooth

works

3. Video

/proc/acpi/ibm/video does not exist

4. ThinkLight

hardware not available on this machine

5. Dock

hardware not available on this machine

6. Bay

hardware not available on this machine

7. CMOS

/proc/acpi/ibm/cmos does not exist

8. LED

tpacpi::power, tpacpi::standby, tpacpi::thinkvantage are being
reported as present.
Writing to /proc/acpi/ibm/led does not have an effect though (tested
for LED number 0 and 7).

9. Beep

works

10. Thermal

works, I am getting readings like "54 0 54 0 0 0 23 0"

during startup I sometimes see messages like this one:
[   53.112707] thinkpad_acpi: THERMAL ALERT: unknown thermal alarm received
[   53.114836] thinkpad_acpi: temperatures (Celsius): 61 0 61 0 0 0 26 0
[   53.114852] thinkpad_acpi: unhandled HKEY event 0x6040
[   53.114856] thinkpad_acpi: please report the conditions when this
event happened to ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. ecdump

/proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump does not exist (even when booting with experimental=1)

12. Brightness

Standard ACPI backlight interface is available on this machine

13. Volume

/proc/acpi/ibm/volume does exist, but I am getting "Operation not
permitted" when I try to write to it

this is probably because of:
[    4.905834] thinkpad_acpi: Console audio control enabled, mode:
monitor (read only)

On this machine, HDMI Audio gets registered as first ALSA device
(which only has a switch as its control) - is this maybe causing this?

14. Fan

works

I uploaded the DSDT and a dmidecode to http://sukzessiv.net/x120e/ -
hope this is of any help (please email me in case you don't find the
file on this address anymore).

cheers,
gohai