Re: video (crt) status inconsistency

Hi,

I'm resending this, as SourceForge apparently dropped my reply, after

2011-02-24 15:10:42 1Psbty-0002KY-H9 <= wferi@xxxxxxx U=wferi P=local S=2175 id=8762s9bk0t.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-02-24 15:10:51 1Psbty-0002KY-H9 => ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mx.sourceforge.net [216.34.181.68] X=TLS1.0:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32 DN="serialNumber=qX-f4C214rA08JCmMJ0mDr07yxudlxrj,C=US,ST=California,L=Mountain View,O=Geeknet\, Inc.,CN=*.sourceforge.net"
2011-02-24 15:10:51 1Psbty-0002KY-H9 Completed

While looking up the mailing list archives, I found the compatibility
table on http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/.  R50e has several question
marks, let's see if I can fill those in:
 video:      see this thread :)
 brightness: works fine, see http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=23972102
             (I only wonder why it's reset to full brightness when I
             quit my X session...)
 volume:     works fine, I think the subtlety mentioned in the last
             message of the above thread is already fixed.  The ALSA
             control readback works fine as well.
 fan:        worked when I tested it some time ago (can retest if needed)

Back to the topic, please find my original reply below.  Not that it's
particularly important...

Thanks,
Feri.