Re: Support for Fn key on Lenovo edge 15

Thanks for your reply.
I also found that hidden BIOS option and flipped it.
However it did not do any good.

The funny thing is that when I first started with Suse 11.3 some of the keys worked OOTB...
However back then thinkpad_acpi for this model was not yet supported.

R.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Martin Dengler <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:00:50AM +0200, Ran Rubin wrote:
> I have no support for function keys on  my Lenovo Edge 15'.

My Edge 13" had a BIOS setting to make the top row of keys act like
"Legacy" function keys.  The factory-default was to have those keys
control brightness, volume, multimedia play/pause/etc., and other
functions, and to have the "Fn" key (bottom left) plus the key
generate the F-key events.  I flipped the BIOS setting and the
function keys worked fine in Fedora 13 + 14.

I know the 13" model is significantly different than the larger ones,
but just in case this helps I thought I'd mention it.

> Thanks,
> Ran

Martin