Re: thinkpad_acpi alsa sub-driver with 2.6.33-rc3-git2

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Robert de Rooy wrote:
> But the question now is, how are you supposed to make use of this new
> volume/mute device under a modern distribution like Fedora 12? The

I don't know if they already have some application that can bind to multiple
mixers and provide OSD when one of the mixer changes its values "by itself".
ALSA provides this functionality since forever, but that doesn't mean there
was a high-profile use of it to make the application people implement
support for it...

> gnome-volume-control-applet does not show any change when pressing the
> buttons, and indeed gnome-volume-control does not even show the device
> (or the modem for that matter) under the Hardware tab. Changing the alsa

That's either a bug in gnome-volume-control, OR you need to take some extra
step, like maybe run multiple instances of it, one bound to each card, etc.
I don't know the application, since I don't run gnome.

  Henrique Holschuh