Re: 2.6.32-rc6 thinkpad_acpi doesn't load on my T23

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Paul Kimoto wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 06:28:06PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > I hate to be annoying and to impose on you, but -rc7 just shipped.  This
> > gives me a very, very small time window to send the patch in before the
> > 2.6.32 deadline.
> >
> > I probably need to send it before Monday
>
> Yes, it works for me (and not surprisingly I get thinkpad-acpi's
> outdated-firmware notice).

About that, it is probably a good idea to update the firmware.  You can find
some information about it at:  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/BIOS_Upgrade

If you do update, I'd appreciate if you fill in the DMI information at this
page: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/List_of_DMI_IDs  both BEFORE and AFTER
the BIOS upgrade.

Here's the changelog for your BIOS and EC firmware:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/embc1d23.txt
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1auj20us.txt

I don't know which EC firmware you have, but the updates seem important. And
the BIOS update also mentions enhanced battery control (and you'd have to
update both anyway, updating just one of them is not recommended).

> I have also posted a confirmation to the kernel bugzilla.

Thank you.  The patch has already been sent to Len Brown and Andrew Morton,
whish should be enough to make sure it gets into Linus' tree before 2.6.32
ships.

  Henrique Holschuh