brightness_mode report on a ThinkPad R50e

Hi,

I found this is dmesg:

thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.23
thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 1WET90WW (2.10 ), EC 1VHT28WW-1.04
thinkpad_acpi: IBM ThinkPad R50e, model 1834S5G
Registered led device: tpacpi::thinklight
Registered led device: tpacpi::power
Registered led device: tpacpi::standby
thinkpad_acpi: brightness: will use unverified default: brightness_mode=2
thinkpad_acpi: brightness: please report to ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx whether it works well or not on your ThinkPad

Actually, this is the only mode that does NOT work; both 1 and 3 work
instead.  Hope it's useful.

I've got two -- probably not particularly useful -- notes as well:

1. The thinkpad_acpi module has lots of parameters, but no
   /sys/modules/thinkpad_acpi/parameters directory.  Even if no
   parameters are changeable in runtime, this is unusual.

2. While removing and reloading the module trying the different modes, I
   managed to reach the state that the /proc/acpi/ibm directory is
   created, but left empty by the module.  I'm unable to reproduce it
   now, but it wasn't the first time, I also got here a couple of months
   ago playing with the module.  Then I postponed sending in this report
   for this reason: I hate such things. :)  Maybe my PWD was
   /proc/acpi/ibm when I (tried to) remove the module, maybe not...
--
Thanks,
Feri.