Re: remove HKEY disable functionality (triggers Ubuntu Karmic regression)

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:46:34 -0200
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > With the release of Karmic upon us, perhaps there a short term fix that
> > can be made, like making the warning level less severe.
>
> If the userspace in Ubuntu is triggering the warning, and you don't have
> enough time to fix the issue properly (i.e. remove any code that
> attempts to mess with hotkey_enable), the Ubuntu kernel team will have
> to remove the WARN from the driver code, yes.

Thanks for the response Henrique.

I've now filed a bug against the 'checkbox' program which is triggering
the error. I've also updated a bug with the 'kerneloops' utility. I've
decided it is that utility which primarily at fault, because it is
treating a warning the same as if it is a serious kernel problem.

I regularly enjoy running Linux on my ThinkPad and I appreciate your
contribution to that experience.

    Mark